This blog is designed to explore the new Fairy Tale Tarot by Lisa Hunt. But since I LOVE to blog....I am sure I'll wander off into some other musings about fairytales!!

"The Fairy Tale Tarot cards are like gazing into that pool. They reflect different aspects of each of us. They illuminate or accentuate those parts of us that we seek, or deny, or just long to understand. The cards and the fairy tales they are based on, provide a framework for understanding self and the human aspects of life. And maybe the "not so human" aspects too....the spiritual. They are the water in the pool. Clear and shimmering, reflecting clearly and yet also bringing forth tiny glimpses of those wings. It is this aspect of the cards that called to me. I feel they have things to reveal to me and I am anxious to hear them "speak."

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Full Moon Hello October

Here's a snapshot of where I will be doing the Full Moon Hello October readings this evening. Right now there is brilliant sunlight streaming in but when the sun sets the moonlight will fall throught the window and I will open the shades and perhaps even the window itself if weather permits. Since it is a Harvest Moon, I have included some pumpkins and gourds as well as autumn spiced candles. In celebration of the faeries I have added a few seashells.

I plan to take a lovely walk by moonlight before starting my series of readings. I hope to clear my mind and center myself for the readings. I will be using three different decks: Fairy Tale Tarot (which is pictured in this spread) and Froud's Faeries and also my newest deck Wild Wisdom of the Faery Oracle.

In the spread above: Card One is in the center....at the top is Card Two and then around to the right are Cards Three through Seven. In a simple sort of way it creates a full moon circle. According to my readings, the Harvest Moon typically falls in September but this year it is in October. It will not be in October again until 2017. Since October is also my birthday month, I feel as if this moon is a powerful one for me in particular and hope that it brings forth positive energy and growth, not only for the readings but also for my life in general. Harvest moons are about completion and bringing things into being. The harvest after long months of work. A celebration of bounty for the coming months of cold.

Take Care and I will be back later to write up my Fairy Tale Tarot Full Moon Hello October Reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment