This blog is designed to explore the new Fairy Tale Tarot by Lisa Hunt. But since I LOVE to blog....I am sure I'll wander off into some other musings about fairytales!!

"The Fairy Tale Tarot cards are like gazing into that pool. They reflect different aspects of each of us. They illuminate or accentuate those parts of us that we seek, or deny, or just long to understand. The cards and the fairy tales they are based on, provide a framework for understanding self and the human aspects of life. And maybe the "not so human" aspects too....the spiritual. They are the water in the pool. Clear and shimmering, reflecting clearly and yet also bringing forth tiny glimpses of those wings. It is this aspect of the cards that called to me. I feel they have things to reveal to me and I am anxious to hear them "speak."

Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Story of My Week

The idea that I use with some other decks is to pick a card on Sunday evening or afternoon or whenever really...and that becomes my weekly card and other cards that week are looked at it relation to the weekly card.

Here is a worksheet that I have found useful for this activity but you can create your own or even just use plain note paper. Daily Weekly Draw Worksheet

I thought it might be fun to "play around" with this concept and create a Story of My Week activity to use with the Fairy Tale Tarot cards. To me one of the main parts of this deck is the tales themselves and the "lessons" they present. The idea behind the activity is to explore the card but also to explore the fairy tale and how it might have a "message" for the week. Even without the idea of a message it gives a focus for the week or one small tidbit of life to reflect on and ponder as we go about daily life. We can look for ways where the tale plays out in our week in one manner or another.

I have created a worksheet in googledocs for the activity which you may feel free to use. Sometimes goggledocs gives me fits so hopefully you will be able to access it. If not let me know and I'll see about emailing it to you. You can find the webpage with the document: The Story of My Week. You are free to use it and to link to it but please do not publish the form itself on any other website.

I hope you enjoy the activity and look forward to hearing the story of your week and how the fairy tales enriched it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment