This blog is designed to explore the new Fairy Tale Tarot by Lisa Hunt. But since I LOVE to blog....I am sure I'll wander off into some other musings about fairytales!!

"The Fairy Tale Tarot cards are like gazing into that pool. They reflect different aspects of each of us. They illuminate or accentuate those parts of us that we seek, or deny, or just long to understand. The cards and the fairy tales they are based on, provide a framework for understanding self and the human aspects of life. And maybe the "not so human" aspects too....the spiritual. They are the water in the pool. Clear and shimmering, reflecting clearly and yet also bringing forth tiny glimpses of those wings. It is this aspect of the cards that called to me. I feel they have things to reveal to me and I am anxious to hear them "speak."

Friday, October 16, 2009

It's Fairy Tale Friday

Image Copyright 2009 Lisa Hunt Used by Permission

It's another Fairy Tale Friday.....and it's time for the Polish tale....The Glass Mountain. Work calls....but I'll be back this evening for more about this fairy tale and thoughts about the card it represents, In the meantime....enjoy reading the tale and feel free to search for some different versions of it...I'd love to see whats out there!!

Okay time to round out my Fairy Tale Friday post. It's been a busy weekend.

Fairy Tale: The Glass Mountain is the tale of a Princess trapped in a beautiful castle at the top of a glass mountain with slippery slopes and deep ravines where many have perished try to reach her. She despairs of ever finding a husband until one day a clever young man makes himself some claws to cling to the side of the mountain. But even with this clever invention he still encounters troubles with birds, and apple trees, and dragons. Finally of course he reaches the princess and in doing so wins not only her hand in marriage but also brings back to life all those that have perished in their attempts to reach her.

The Card: Seven of Cups: challenges and getting past illusions.

Another version: The Glass Mountain

I think the story speaks to creativity and determination but honestly, also a certain amount of luck. It sort of makes me think that some things are meant to be...like being in the right place at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment