This blog is designed to explore the new Fairy Tale Tarot by Lisa Hunt. But since I LOVE to blog....I am sure I'll wander off into some other musings about fairytales!!

"The Fairy Tale Tarot cards are like gazing into that pool. They reflect different aspects of each of us. They illuminate or accentuate those parts of us that we seek, or deny, or just long to understand. The cards and the fairy tales they are based on, provide a framework for understanding self and the human aspects of life. And maybe the "not so human" aspects too....the spiritual. They are the water in the pool. Clear and shimmering, reflecting clearly and yet also bringing forth tiny glimpses of those wings. It is this aspect of the cards that called to me. I feel they have things to reveal to me and I am anxious to hear them "speak."

Saturday, September 19, 2009

My Two Card Elemental Dignities Study

This week I am going to be taking a look at elemental dignities and two card draws as suggested by Catherine and Douglas of Tarot Elements and Tarot Eon in their new series about using elemental dignities. This will be a slight variation of the daily draw. I am also going to weave into it the whole weekly card pattern that I have been exploring. Here's how it will work:

On Sunday Evening I will draw a pair of cards for my weekly draw....I will focus on reading the elemental combination of those two cards and record both what Douglas and Catherine have to say and any of my own reflections about the combo. I will not use all of their ideas but intuitively pick the one that "speaks' to me. I find that too many choices can muddy the water.

Then each day I will draw my pair and do the same thing...with the added idea of how does the daily pair impact the weekly draw. Here's what I'm thinking. The weekly draw is proposed to convey a weekly message or overall theme. With the elements I would propose the idea that it will convey an over all atmosphere. For example two waters might indicate a week full of strong emotion or a week where one gets stuck in an emotional state. Another example might be a fire and water combo. Since fire and water are enemies and weaken each other, the week might turn out to be one in which very little gets accomplished or a week where there is conflict between change and things staying the same.

For this week I will be using my beloved Fairy Tale Tarot cards for the draws....as a side bar I will jot down card meanings also.....then at a later date I will attempt to weave the two together for at least a few of the pairings....thus weaving card meanings and elemental dignities into a joined interpretation.

Okay the game...lol...well it is playing...will start tomorrow but I of course have to play a bit this morning so...here's a little combo...for reflection:

Princess of Cups and XIV Temperance so....Water + Fire

Water and Fire are enemies. Water is passive and fire is active. When I read from Catherine's and Douglas's ideas about this combo..here's what jumps out at me. "Canceling each other out." "Can be seen as passive aggressive." "reluctance to act." I would add my own thought...."A person/situation where the person feels the need for change but will do very little to actually bring it about."

Okay so I can't resist looking a little deeper...card meanings...

Princess of Cups: Romantic, sensitive, "the coming or going of an emotional matter.

XIV Temperance: Balance, inner reflection, moderation "patience"

My take on combining the two: The person will spend a lot of time in inner reflection about an emotional matter but very little will change. They may feel the need for change or the situation may call for it but nothing much will change at this point and time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ginger,

    That's an excellent interpretation and use of Elemental Dignities and I certainly wouldn't have said anything different from what you have here :)

    It's great that you are looking for your own ED interpretations, Douglas and I actively encourage that - it's what will help them make sense to you and mean more when you apply them again. Your Water/Fire combo is excellent - think I might be adding that one to my own collection ;)

    Well done on an excellent start, you've really understood the concept of ED's - it can only get better from here :)

    Blessings,

    Catherine
    http://www.tarotelements.com

    ReplyDelete