This blog is designed to explore the new Fairy Tale Tarot by Lisa Hunt. But since I LOVE to blog....I am sure I'll wander off into some other musings about fairytales!!

"The Fairy Tale Tarot cards are like gazing into that pool. They reflect different aspects of each of us. They illuminate or accentuate those parts of us that we seek, or deny, or just long to understand. The cards and the fairy tales they are based on, provide a framework for understanding self and the human aspects of life. And maybe the "not so human" aspects too....the spiritual. They are the water in the pool. Clear and shimmering, reflecting clearly and yet also bringing forth tiny glimpses of those wings. It is this aspect of the cards that called to me. I feel they have things to reveal to me and I am anxious to hear them "speak."

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Fairy Tale Thoughts

Well as I wrote about yesterday....my weekly card is Justice...and believe it or not....I drew that very same card as my daily today. I can only assume that there is a strong pull to learn something from this particular card.

As Moncia wrote in her comment....it is a rather hideous story....I do feel for the poor horse who was only trying to be a good horse and got murdered for her trouble....so like in the real world where innocent bystanders are drug into things they do not even want to be involved in.

Souljourney was asking about least faves...and that's something I need to give a bit of thought to...actually I like them all so it will be a task...perhaps I will have a few minutes this evening to sort the cards and try to pick two least faves. I think there's lots of different ways to look at the faves and least faves....for example...a least fave...does it somehow touch on a shadow aspect of myself and thus gives me negative vibes....sort of like avoiding the "truth" about ones self?

Something else I did today....I took the court cards...and I put all the Queens together, all the Kings etc. Then I layed them on the copier and copied them...so that I have four sheets. One sheet is all four Queens, one is all four Kings and so forth...They are in black and white but it serves my purpose. I wanted to be able to put the sheets in my Decks notebook and look at the four together...yes I can do the same with the cards themselves..but IDK....it just came to me....so I did it...I then jotted down by each card the title of the story that went with it. I'm planning to learn the stories and see if I see connections between the Queens, Kings, etc...It's really just another way of connecting with the cards and engraining the stories in my heart.

I am doing a couple readings a day with the deck and it reads so nicely...there are so many layers of meaning and yet they all blend together nicely. I am working on another spread...need to play around with it a bit first. It is called the Once Upon a Time Spread....and I just need to work out a few kinks and then I'll share it with you here.!!!

NEXT POST: Least Favorites

NEXT SPREAD: Once Upon a Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment