This blog is designed to explore the new Fairy Tale Tarot by Lisa Hunt. But since I LOVE to blog....I am sure I'll wander off into some other musings about fairytales!!

"The Fairy Tale Tarot cards are like gazing into that pool. They reflect different aspects of each of us. They illuminate or accentuate those parts of us that we seek, or deny, or just long to understand. The cards and the fairy tales they are based on, provide a framework for understanding self and the human aspects of life. And maybe the "not so human" aspects too....the spiritual. They are the water in the pool. Clear and shimmering, reflecting clearly and yet also bringing forth tiny glimpses of those wings. It is this aspect of the cards that called to me. I feel they have things to reveal to me and I am anxious to hear them "speak."

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Least Favorite Cards

Image ©Copyright 2009 Lisa Hunt & Llewellyn Publications. Used by Permission.
Well it wasn't as hard to find my least favorites as I thought it might be. I actually picked out five cards and then finally settled on the two that just sort of give me the willies. Haven't read the descriptions or the tales for these particular cards so this post is based on card impressions only. The feeling or mood the card seems to produce. First of all the Ace of Cups...creepy. I hate snakes. I know perhaps an unfair feeling but...well it is what it is. This giant creepy one is hovering there over the bed. The woman seems either dead or in a trance. Just helpless there on the bed. It feels sinister with a lack of control. I'm sort of one who likes to be in control so I guess this card just speaks to that.


Image ©Copyright 2009 Lisa Hunt & Llewellyn Publications. Used by Permission.
My second least favorite card is the Six of Cups. I'm not sure what is occuring in the tale but again it seems like a helplessness. The gray colors make it seem like death is at the door. Once again a place of rest (bed and bedroom) seems more sinister than it should be. Makes me think of nightmares. I'm not sure if the figure over the man is hurting or helping, which is another thing that gives me pause. That uncertainty.

I'm going to list the other three cards I took into consideration as least favorites. The Princess of Cups, Five of Cups, and Five of Wands. HMMMM...see a pattern here....looks like four of the five cards were Cups and honestly the Five of Wands is like in slot five...I just think the woman looks a little cold and sinister. I think this is telling me that I have some trouble acknowledging or accepting strong emotions and feelings. Not so much in others but in myself, perhaps. That they make me uncomfortable in some way or I distrust them.

Most people I think would think I am loving, giving and kind...(I think...lol) so I don't think this tendency is a big issue in my life but that it is something to keep aware of...not to be afraid of looking past the strong initial feeling and see perhaps deeper. I don't know...maybe there is another rason my choices included five Cups..I only looked at pictures when selecting them. Maybe it is the opposite...that I am drawn to strong emotions. If you have additional ideas I would love to hear them.

My next steps with these cards (favorites and leasts) will be to examine the tales themselves and see if there is a message or pattern there.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting how both cards show the PERSON in bed. I don't have the deck in front of me to see what the other cards are... wonder if they are similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I noticed that too...don't really know what it means....maybe just being vulnerable when asleep?

    ReplyDelete