This blog is designed to explore the new Fairy Tale Tarot by Lisa Hunt. But since I LOVE to blog....I am sure I'll wander off into some other musings about fairytales!!

"The Fairy Tale Tarot cards are like gazing into that pool. They reflect different aspects of each of us. They illuminate or accentuate those parts of us that we seek, or deny, or just long to understand. The cards and the fairy tales they are based on, provide a framework for understanding self and the human aspects of life. And maybe the "not so human" aspects too....the spiritual. They are the water in the pool. Clear and shimmering, reflecting clearly and yet also bringing forth tiny glimpses of those wings. It is this aspect of the cards that called to me. I feel they have things to reveal to me and I am anxious to hear them "speak."

Monday, August 24, 2009

My Card for the Week: Ten of Cups

Image ©Copyright 2009 Lisa Hunt & Llewellyn Publications. Used by Permission.


What a great card for my weekly draw. This week I will draw a card everyday and see how it relates to the Ten of Cups (my weekly card). This allows me to make connections between cards, as well as, see a pattern develop over the week.

Ten of Cups:

Cups: Water, Emotions and Feelings

Water: Things are not moving. Things are staying the same.

Tens: The end

Ten of Cups (general): A happy family, true friendships, lasting happiness

Ten of Cups (Fairy Tale Tarot) Dreams Fulfilled, Peace

Fairy Tale: The Girl Fish, a story of greed and selfishness which turns to adventure and goodness until finally rewarded in the end. The girl, becomes a fish and ventures out to recover a stolen corwn. In the end she is transformed to her lovely adult self and marries the King and they live happily ever after!!!

As a weekly card this one seems good but not sure how it will all transpire...I can see the emotions part...things in life have been a bit of a roller coaster lately...what I don;t get is the Things are not moving...unless it means the things I am worrying about...aren't really going to change...which in this case might very well be a good thing...The Ten as the end...I feel like it is saying...the end of worrying or maybe just HEY listen...things are not moving, they are staying the same..THE END...sort of like an emphasis or exclamation point! I like the words...happy family, dreams fulfilled etc. The story itself, might actually play out in life....someone who is sort of stubborn and wants their own way, spoiled but then discovers what it feels like to be of service to someone else......in the end winning true happiness.....interesting. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment