This blog is designed to explore the new Fairy Tale Tarot by Lisa Hunt. But since I LOVE to blog....I am sure I'll wander off into some other musings about fairytales!!

"The Fairy Tale Tarot cards are like gazing into that pool. They reflect different aspects of each of us. They illuminate or accentuate those parts of us that we seek, or deny, or just long to understand. The cards and the fairy tales they are based on, provide a framework for understanding self and the human aspects of life. And maybe the "not so human" aspects too....the spiritual. They are the water in the pool. Clear and shimmering, reflecting clearly and yet also bringing forth tiny glimpses of those wings. It is this aspect of the cards that called to me. I feel they have things to reveal to me and I am anxious to hear them "speak."

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My Daily Card


Image ©Copyright 2009 Lisa Hunt & Llewellyn Publications. Used by Permission.

My Daily Draw: Six of Swords. The funny thing is the first time I saw this card I wasn't even sure what fairy tale it was. th glass box and the little men...Snow White, of course, but the faces in the rocks threw me. In fact when I look at the card...the faces draw me more than the characters. I wonder if that means anything?

The Six of Swords=Sojourn, transitioning, reflecting on a journey

Interesting and appropriate card for me, as of late I have been reflecting a lot on the journey through life. The different aspects of how this all unfolds for the individual traveler. I'll have to give some thought on how it relates to my Weekly Draw Card: Justice.

Hunt comments that seven is predominate in the Snow White story and that seven corresponds to the completion of a cycle. In this card (the six) it is used because the cycle is not yet at completion....it represents instead, the path or journey each takes to reach the higher level. It is not done yet...there is more to accomplish...and in that regard, I think the card is telling me..."Keep moving".

I'm going to reflect on this card throughout the day...seriously...I have to get to work...or the paycheck journey is going to be OVER....there's that TEMPTATION again in my life..tempting me to play here in blog land and fairy tale country instead of getting to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment