This blog is designed to explore the new Fairy Tale Tarot by Lisa Hunt. But since I LOVE to blog....I am sure I'll wander off into some other musings about fairytales!!

"The Fairy Tale Tarot cards are like gazing into that pool. They reflect different aspects of each of us. They illuminate or accentuate those parts of us that we seek, or deny, or just long to understand. The cards and the fairy tales they are based on, provide a framework for understanding self and the human aspects of life. And maybe the "not so human" aspects too....the spiritual. They are the water in the pool. Clear and shimmering, reflecting clearly and yet also bringing forth tiny glimpses of those wings. It is this aspect of the cards that called to me. I feel they have things to reveal to me and I am anxious to hear them "speak."

Friday, August 7, 2009

More Reflections about My Favorites

Souljourney left a comment on the post about favorite cards that was most interesting and very useful too. She suggested that when looking at most and least favorites that one also looks at the opposite end of the spectrum. So for most favorites one should also look at the negative aspects of those cards and take note of them. Those aspects can also teach us something about ourselves. I think that is a splendid approach and once again adds another layer to examine. Thanks!!!

Little Red: Naivety, restrictive thinking, and being unaware of tricksters or pitfalls. So this card can appeal to me because it suggests beginnings and the cycle (journey) through life BUT I must also be aware of these other factors also. Actually this is sort of true of me…although I doubt one would call me naïve. I do tend to want to believe the “best” and perhaps at times I get so caught up in my point of view that it restricts my thinking.

Fairy Godmother: I suppose the “negative” aspects of this card would be forgetting to use logic at all and perhaps being too nurturing (smothering). The second part could most certainly pertain to me…and an area that I have been working on. I think of this card as the nurturer but also much more than that, as the feminine wisdom of the ages.

In my life I have found that meaning is built through both experiences and conversations. So please join me in conversation about the cards. It is really a joy as it offers opportunities for me to broaden my perspective or to examine elements that I have overlooked or just not focused on. I have so many thoughts about this deck but they are by no means the ONLY thoughts or ways of looking at it and I really gain so much from other points of view!

No comments:

Post a Comment