This blog is designed to explore the new Fairy Tale Tarot by Lisa Hunt. But since I LOVE to blog....I am sure I'll wander off into some other musings about fairytales!!

"The Fairy Tale Tarot cards are like gazing into that pool. They reflect different aspects of each of us. They illuminate or accentuate those parts of us that we seek, or deny, or just long to understand. The cards and the fairy tales they are based on, provide a framework for understanding self and the human aspects of life. And maybe the "not so human" aspects too....the spiritual. They are the water in the pool. Clear and shimmering, reflecting clearly and yet also bringing forth tiny glimpses of those wings. It is this aspect of the cards that called to me. I feel they have things to reveal to me and I am anxious to hear them "speak."

Saturday, August 22, 2009

That Six of Wands

I just can't get that Six of Wands out of my mind (and okay I'm avoiding cleaning house too) BUT it is just stuck in my head, along with how it would make a great image on a SoulCollage card. With other images also...I know not what yet....but along with the creation of a soul card ...you also write a description as part of the process...usually answering some questions...I suppose sort of like a "card interview"....since I wrote earlier about a deck interview. Here are some musings on the image from the Six of Wands...it would become part of a collage...(dang it...I'm going have to get another deck to do collages with....off to put it on my wish list)...Anyway....the questions are asked to the part of the "soul" that this soul card represents...as of now...I only know that my soul card will include the Six of Wands...but will have other images as well....

Who are you?
I am the one who defends you. I am the one who fights dragons for you.. I am the one who does not tire of defending you.. I am the one who is always there as a protector, a defender, who will never cease in my loyalty to you. I am the one who knows you are worth the fight. I am the one who throughout your life will let you shine but will stand ready to be the "warrior" should the need arise.

What do you have to give me?
I give you courage in life. I give you safety and security. I give you the knowing that life can not defeat you. I give you the power to travel life's path and feel confident.

What do you want from me?
I want you to know that fear can only exist if you let it. I want you to know that my strength can overcome any obstacle. I want you to see the beauty in life, to rejoice in your dreams and to know victory is at hand.

Is there anything else you have to tell me today?
You are a woman, part of a strong and wise circle. We are courageous in ways that men can only dream about. We have many things in our heads, minds, hearts, and souls. We are the bearers of life, intuition, and ancient wisdom. I am here to make sure your path is clear and safe, as you journey toward your destiny. Remember it is a well traveled path, followed by many since ancient times and into eternity.

Edited to Add: I suppose this soulcollage card would be my "warrior" card. There are all kinds of others both part of the Committe Suit and the Council Suit. So in essence the Six of Wands would become part of the soulcollage card that represents the "part of me" or "the archetype" that is "The Warrior." Hmmm off to ponder ideas for the card...it is a 5 x 8 size card...hmmm....lots of dragons would be nice...hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment