This blog is designed to explore the new Fairy Tale Tarot by Lisa Hunt. But since I LOVE to blog....I am sure I'll wander off into some other musings about fairytales!!

"The Fairy Tale Tarot cards are like gazing into that pool. They reflect different aspects of each of us. They illuminate or accentuate those parts of us that we seek, or deny, or just long to understand. The cards and the fairy tales they are based on, provide a framework for understanding self and the human aspects of life. And maybe the "not so human" aspects too....the spiritual. They are the water in the pool. Clear and shimmering, reflecting clearly and yet also bringing forth tiny glimpses of those wings. It is this aspect of the cards that called to me. I feel they have things to reveal to me and I am anxious to hear them "speak."

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Reading with the Fairy Tale Tarot

Reading: General Life Reading
Spread: Three Billy Goats Gruff Bridge
Deck: Fairy Tale Tarot
Cards: Major Arcana Only

Card One: This card represents a beginning, a wish, something being sought. In this reading it is XIII Transformation. This is a fitting card for a general life reading and particularly for this phase in my life. Right now much of my time and energy is spent on this. According to the book: “growth from ashes” and “coming to terms with the death of what we know”. Both jumped out at me as pertaining to my life situation right now.

Card Two: This card represents the fairy tale with a message or advice for the situation. The card is XIV Temperance. Again from the book: “Inner calm and balance will follow a period of turmoil.” Holy smoke…that’s the truth. And just what I need! I think this message is telling me something that really I already know but have forgotten. Life consists of cycles and if we wait, things will right themselves again. Maybe not exactly as they were, and maybe is some way that is not 100% to our liking but definitely a resolution of some sort.

Card Three: This card is an emotional or spiritual factor supporting the bridge or needed to support it. The card in this reading is IV The Wise Old Man. I feel like it is linked to card number two and it is telling me that what is needed here is wisdom and a rational mind. Do not let emotions soar and twist around like a roller coaster. Use a lifetime of experience to calm the troubled sea of emotions and wait.

Card Four: This card represents a block or challenge, possibly hidden. The card in the reading is XII The Star. Seems an odd card for a challenge, however, in this position, I feel like it is saying: “You are blocking your own growth by ignoring a powerful factor.” That factor is developing a TRUE understanding and insight into inner dreams. These have influenced your past, present, and future. You must seek to understand ALL aspects, even the shadow aspects if you hope to meet life’s challenges.

Card Five: This card represents the outcome. It is III The Fairy Godmother. This sort of gives me pause because my line of thinking has been that I have been TOO nurturing and that balance is needed. But when I read the part that says: “move past stagnation and become more intuitive and aware” that makes sense. It is saying the outcome will be that I overcome this challenge, use my wisdom and experiences to reach a new level of calm and balance. I will still be a nurturer but in a more balanced way…using my intuition and awareness to do so. In fact, it is saying that sometimes by backing off….you are being MORE of a nurturer of an individual than by doing too much or jumping in too quickly to provide advice and such. …if that makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment