This blog is designed to explore the new Fairy Tale Tarot by Lisa Hunt. But since I LOVE to blog....I am sure I'll wander off into some other musings about fairytales!!

"The Fairy Tale Tarot cards are like gazing into that pool. They reflect different aspects of each of us. They illuminate or accentuate those parts of us that we seek, or deny, or just long to understand. The cards and the fairy tales they are based on, provide a framework for understanding self and the human aspects of life. And maybe the "not so human" aspects too....the spiritual. They are the water in the pool. Clear and shimmering, reflecting clearly and yet also bringing forth tiny glimpses of those wings. It is this aspect of the cards that called to me. I feel they have things to reveal to me and I am anxious to hear them "speak."

Monday, August 10, 2009

One Negative

Okay I thought I better write one negative or someone will claim I am being paid by Llewellyn Publications to promote the deck/book. LOL...and it's not really a negative about the art, research or anything major.

I wish there was an index or table of contents....like at the front or back of the book....a table that showed the Card/Story/Page (where you could find the complete write up). So nothing major but if they reprint and allow revisions....it might be something to consider. I am forever thumbing through the book looking for a particular story or card. Let's just say...the book is getting well loved...like the Velveteen Rabbit.

Okay that's my one negative, so far. I'm loving the way the cards read. They are just wonderfully expressive!!

4 comments:

  1. How about finding the 1 or 2 LEAST Favorite cards...
    I did my Fav/Least Fav last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interestingly, one of my least favorite cards is turning out to be a favorite of others (I will not say which card it is, but it's neither the #1 or #2 here).

    Regarding a request for index/table of contents, I was limited by page count--and filled the pages right to the cut off point (all about purchase price point and what not--not sure). I would have loved to have included an index or expanded TOC, but given a choice, I rather sacrifice ancillary material than cut into stories and illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately...it is all about publishers/page count etc....yes stories and pics are more important...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh...the suspense of your least favorite card...well perhaps in a few months you will reveal it on your blog?? Inquiring minds want to know!!

    souljourney...yes I need to get those least faves picked out...but truthfully its going to be hard...I like all of them...I will have to say the Princess of Wands is quickly becoming a fave....too....I am sure she has represented my youngest daughter in about three readings recently...and the story that goes with the card is delightful

    ReplyDelete