This blog is designed to explore the new Fairy Tale Tarot by Lisa Hunt. But since I LOVE to blog....I am sure I'll wander off into some other musings about fairytales!!

"The Fairy Tale Tarot cards are like gazing into that pool. They reflect different aspects of each of us. They illuminate or accentuate those parts of us that we seek, or deny, or just long to understand. The cards and the fairy tales they are based on, provide a framework for understanding self and the human aspects of life. And maybe the "not so human" aspects too....the spiritual. They are the water in the pool. Clear and shimmering, reflecting clearly and yet also bringing forth tiny glimpses of those wings. It is this aspect of the cards that called to me. I feel they have things to reveal to me and I am anxious to hear them "speak."

Monday, August 31, 2009

Temptation Enters

Today's card is Temptation...and I'm pretty sure I know what it is referring to in regard to my Weekly Card....each morning I'll try and put up the daily card and then I will come back and type it up in the evening...because since I am going to be "overwhelmed" this week at work...I need to get there early!!!

Okay I'm going to approach this card a little differently and then tie it into the weekly draw.

I'm going to first think about the number fifteen...reduced to 1 +5=6....so Six....a path the seeker must tread....yes that works...Temptation is always a path...with the first little tingle of temptation one must decide whether to venture down the path or not. Blogged about this before...whether someone can be viewed as the tempter or if we are all our own tempters. While primarily it is an inner conflict within ourselves I do believe that people prey on others' weaknesses at times and lure them into things.

Element: Earth (things are grounded, things are stable) Surprises me that Temptation is the Earth...grounded and stable? Hmmmm...I would think of it more as changing and growing. Well I suppose that in the sense that it is a common and core inner conflict for all of humankind...it is stable.

My Lesson: "There are lessons to be learned from the things that tempt us and in doing so we will be changed forever."

For each fairy tale I am "picking" a personal lesson to learn from the tale so for Bluebeard, I picked the above. For in the story, the woman discovers an awful truth because she is tempted to discover what is behind the locked door, and in doing so her life changes.

So let's put this together with the Weekly Card..Ten of Wands. The Weekly card indicated being overwhelmed or heavy burdens. So far very accurate for the week...add to this the Temptation card...and we have Fire + Earth...they strengthen each other but are neutral. So sort of cancel each other out.

So let's look at it another way...Ten plus six....Ten is completion...something for me will come full circle this week...it will end or be completed...maybe an actual project or a way of thinking or maybe I'll just say..."I'm done with it." Six is a path the seeker must tread...this make me think it is more the idea that I have to come to terms with the responsibilities of the job as well as a coworkers "method" of dealing with people.

Meanings: overwhelmed + controversy/dark forces.....This week will be overwhelming and intertwined will be some dark forces or controversy surrounding work. The "temptation" will be to either shut down and avoid working..."escape" or to "buy into" someone else's agenda.

I'll be back tomorrow with another card to add to the spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment